Thursday 1 March 2007

interesting concept, the library...

while at the library, once we'd located dd1 (anyone who knows Huddersfield library will know it's a bit sprawly with lots of different bits to it so when she wasn't where we expected her to be the locating bit took some time... eventually found her tucked in a corner reading Jurassic Park...) we were looking at the sci-fi section and dd2 found a Doctor Who novel. Dd1 put it back saying 'ah I could just buy it from Waterstones' Now I understand the book collection thing but... well... I dunno. Just seems a bit of a waste to decide to buy it, or something, when it was right there to borrow. Maybe it's just from being skinter when I was growing up.

We did already have 7 books between us and only one ticket at the time though, lol. But not the book that I really wanted to borrow because they had nearly every other book in the series but not the one after the ones I read the other weekend when I was too ill to do anything else. Grr. I'll have to get the online thing sorted so I can find out where it is.

Stationery Box are closing down so we managed to spend £50. Funny how that happens... Legit business expenses too, mostly. But perhaps not the sweets.

No comments: